Eating in a calm, relaxed, and quiet state of mind is ideal for initiating the digestion process and promoting maximum nutrient absorption.
Take a mouthful of food, set down your utensil, chew, breathe, smile, and think pleasant thoughts.
Be Calm and Quiet
Use meditation and quiet breathing to improve blood flow for better oxygen and nutrient absorption, increased concentration, and improved mental state. Meditation and quiet, slow breathing may also:
- Decrease respiratory rate and slow the heart rate.
- Deepen relaxation, especially in people with high blood pressure.
- Reduce anxiety and decrease muscle tension.
- Increase serotonin to enhance your mood and build self-confidence.
- Enhance your immune system to improve overall health and well-being.