Move your butt!
You job, driving, flying, electronics, movies, or just plain tired… do you sit too much? Well… you better get off your butt & beat cheeks, before you experience:
- Sluggish bowels
- Peristalsis muscle deconditioning
- Slowing metabolism
- And, increased morbidity rate!
That’s right! The more you sit, the more your:
- Internal metabolic chemical reactions may decrease
- Glucose regulation (blood sugar) may decrease
- Decrease muscle mass and overall strength
- Potential weight gain
- And, ultimately, overall physical degeneration and potential disease.
Cinch up your waistline and enlarge your health: http://bit.ly/1RYWcvN SUBSCRIBE
Ok, ok… so what do you do about it? Get up and move!
- Change your transit route to allow for more walking to and from work.
- Arrange your office in a way that more movement is required to accomplish tasks.
- Sit or bounce on a ball instead of using a chair at your desk
- Utilize a standing workstation.
- Pace the halls.
- Stretch, reach, lean, squat, pull, and push to keep moving all day long – squirm.
- Take a walk.
- Walk up and down the stairs.
- Take advantage of onsite or offsite exercise facilities and classes offered by your company.
- Pack your own lunch so you have time to get some exercise on your lunch break.
- Drink plenty of water throughout the day, making it easy to excuse yourself for refills or bathroom breaks.
- Use the buddy method to motivate more activity in the workplace.
Outside of work? Try these:
- Outdoor recreational activities
- Playing with your children or grandchildren
- Yard work
- House work
- Home repairs
- Or, dancing
In short, activity increases bowel movements and burns calories making it a win/win for your waistline and lifeline! So, go ahead… squirm, fidget, and wiggle throughout your day!
For more information on intestinal health, sitting, and rebuilding, go to www.intestinalhealthbook.com PURCHASE in Ebook or hardbound and see pages 114-117